Ameren selected Schneider Electric to manage Distributed Energy Resources for Advanced Microgrid
- Ameren is committed to innovation and building a smarter, clean energy infrastructure.
- Ameren built the $5M Champaign, Illinois Technology Application Center microgrid facility to test monitoring and control methods for aggregating clean, renewable energy sources – wind, solar, and natural gas – with advanced automation and battery storage.
- The EcoStruxure Microgrid Advisor platform communicates with multiple energy management solutions via an interactive web interface to provide a comprehensive view of the entire facility’s energy profile.
- Microgrid Advisor incorporates real-time data from a variety of sources to autonomously optimize energy usage across all DER with an intuitive and easy-to-use use interface.
- Solution includes onsite hardware for secure cyber communication and algorithms for up to two days of DER optimization with offline capabilities.
- Microgrid to produce up to 1,475 kilowatts, enough to power more than 190 homes
- Distributed Energy Resources manages include:
- Wind Turbine – 100 kilowatts
- Solar Array – 125 kilowatts
- Natural Gas Generator – 1,000 kilowatts
- Battery Storage – 250 kilowatts
- Ameren now has one of North America’s most advanced distributed energy resource facilities — its one of the only utility-scale microgrids in the nation capable of serving (live paying) customer loads on an actual utility distribution feeder.
- EcoStruxure Microgrid Advisor gives Ameren a next-generation solution that will meet their current needs while enabling them to scale the microgrid to provide new services and incorporate new resources for Ameren’s customers in the future.